Last Updated Oct 30, 2019
Cognera Corp. (referred to as “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We believe in transparency and are committed to informing you about how we treat your Personal Information.
This Policy discloses the privacy practices for the Company’s website, Cognera.com and its related web-based applications and services (collectively, “Service”) we may offer to you. This Policy governs the use and sharing of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) when an individual is using the Service.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for the Service and applies solely to information collected by this Service. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Our Role in Protecting the Privacy and Security of Your Personal Information
The Company is responsible for adhering to applicable data protection principles and laws and to safeguarding the Personal Information that you provide to us through the Website.
Collection and Use of Information
All data created and maintained to provide the Service will only be used or disclosed to provide the Service, to personalize or continually improve user experience related to the Service, to respond to your requests, to provide customer support, or to notify you about changes to the Service we offer or provide, or as required by law or court order. We may request and store certain types of Personal Information when you use this Service. We only collect information that is voluntarily provided by you and necessary to provide the Service.
The types of Personal Information gathered depends on the utilization of the Service. The types of information we may collect include:
- Contact Information, for certain Services, we may collect Personal Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, postal/zip code, telephone number, job title, or other identifiers, from all users to provide the Services.
- User Account Information, certain Services may require you to register. To register you will be required to provide certain Personal Information. You may also be required to create a user name and password. You should not disclose your password to anyone. For password protected areas, we capture information including the user name and date, time and/or length of visit. If you email us with questions or concerns, we will maintain your email address.
- Business Contact Information, such as contact information, job title, job role and other Personal Information in order to respond to your requests and provide content you have requested for yourself or on behalf of your organization.
- Location Information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, internet tags, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other beacon technology, or other similar location-tracking technologies. We collect this information to assist with analytics, content development and to maintain and improve the security of the Services.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies, which are small files and other data collection and tracking technologies that enable certain website functions. We use these technologies to track user behavior on the Services, to compile statistical reports on Service activity and to maintain and improve the security of the Service. For further information, see the Cookies and Similar Technologies section of this Notice.
Sharing, Disclosure and Use of Your Personal Information: In addition to the uses described above, the Company uses the Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
- To manage our relationship with you, including administering your account and taking other steps necessary for the performance of our business relationship in providing the Service;
- To market our services to you. We will only provide you with marketing-related information, including by email, after you have consented to receive those communications and will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of such communications at any time;
- We may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or divisions and with their respective officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, and agents to provide the Service;
- We may share data with subcontractors to help us provide the Service. All such third parties are required by contract to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using Personal Information, except to provide services to us or as required by law. Furthermore, we utilize fully de-identified aggregate data for data analysis, meaning all personal identifiers are removed from the data prior to analysis;
- We may provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it. There may be instances when we may access or disclose Personal Information in order to protect or defend the legal rights or our property, and its affiliated companies or their employees and agents, to protect the safety and security of users, and to protect against fraud;
- We do not sell personally identifiable data under any circumstances without your express permission. We, however, may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such an event, Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred. Any successor entity shall be subject to the same commitments in the Policy for the previously collected Personal Information.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose to which you have consented or for which we have a legitimate and lawful basis under the law.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- This site may use YouTube which is one of the largest internet video platforms in the world. We embed video on our site that may result in cookies being presented from YouTube.
For more information on YoutTube cookies see the office YouTube page.
- This site may have video from Vimeo embedded in it. Vimeo is one of the largest video hosting, sharing and streaming websites in the world. As a result of our use of Vimeo cookies from them may be presented from them.
For more information on Vimeo cookies see the official Vimeo page.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods mentioned at the end of this article.
Cookies and IP address collection: Our web server collects and stores the following general information about you: the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access our website; the pages you visit; the Internet address of the website that linked you directly to us; and the type of device and web browser you use to access our website. This information may be collected automatically. It may be used to help us improve the Service by tabulating the number of visitors in terms of new users, origin of referrers, popularity of pages, amount of use, and types of errors, and to make the Service more useful to you.
Third Party Websites
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information provided to us is encrypted and stored on our private, secure servers behind firewalls. Access to the network is strictly controlled and has industry standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place. We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We use Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. We also limit access to Personal Information only to specific employees, contractors, and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect User information and uses a secure connection to our servers, which are protected by firewalls to prevent unauthorized break-ins. The Service is protected by the Verisign Security Certificate. The administrative system, authentication system, and sensitive user information are encrypted using SSL encryption of HTTP data. Unfortunately, data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. GIVEN THE INHERENT OPERATION AND STRUCTURE OF THE INTERNET, USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALL TRANSMISSIONS ARE DONE AT ITS OWN RISK.
Storage Location of Personal Information
The Company stores and processes personal data in both Canada and the United States. While the data protection, privacy and other laws of Canada and the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take necessary and appropriate steps to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. By using our Website or requesting services from us, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in Canada, the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Notice.
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you. Please note that we may not be able to delete your information in the event that the information is remains necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or another legal basis applies.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information we have gathered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy notice, you should contact us immediately via email at email@example.com. You may have rights under your local laws to file complaints with your local data protection authority should you wish to do so.