VP Professional Services
Calgary, Alberta Canada office
Cognera (www.cognera.com), a division of Harris Computer Systems, provides next generation billing solutions and online services to help our clients improve their customer relationships. Our deep-rooted experience in the energy and utilities industries, in both regulated and deregulated environments, makes us a natural choice when upgrading systems to meet evolving business, regulatory and technology requirements.
Cognera’s environment is fast-paced and offers significant career growth potential for self-starting individuals. We take pride in our office and our employees by striving to create an enjoyable work environment. We are committed to the success of the clients who use our products and services, and to the ethical growth of our company and people. We believe that working together rather than working alone, generates more opportunity, inspires greater creativity and produces superior value.
Harris Computer Systems has been providing complete Customer Information System (CIS) and Financial Management solutions exclusively to public and municipal utilities for over 30 years. Our track record speaks for itself. We are an experienced, solid company with proven solutions that are presently in use by over 6000 customers across North America. We are the number one provider of powerful Financial and CIS solutions because of our specialized understanding of the electric, water and gas utility industry and our commitment to customer relationships.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies.
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Manages: Program Delivery, Resource Planning, Rates, Revenue Assurance, Settlement and Regulatory
Interrelationships: Interact regularly with Managed Service, Support and Research and Development teams
The Professional Services group is responsible for the delivery of a variety of billable and consultative services making up key revenue and revenue protection sources for Cognera.
The VP, Professional Services, establishes and drives Cognera’s strategy for the delivery of those services that enhance or build upon day-to-day energy billing for Cognera’s clients. The VP is a champion of the best practices associated with the implementation, delivery and measurement of these professional services. The VP is skilled at balancing the best solution with the practical solution for the business. The VP is a leader in every sense of the word. This is a role focused on relationships with clients, industry participants, and Cognera (and by extension Harris) team members.
As Vice President, you are the representative of the Executive Vice President in the EVP’s absence, both internally and publicly. As such, you are aware of industry trends, market conditions, and competitors. You have a grasp of not only Professional Services, but of the business as a whole, and are able to represent other internal stakeholders to your group and externally when necessary.
You are passionate about Cognera’s overall success, and that of Harris at a more general level. You are therefore expected to make hard decisions and be accountable for their results, whether those results are positive or negative. You are not afraid of ambiguity, and recognise that making no decision is worse than making the wrong decision. You are the head cheerleader when it’s time to celebrate the successes of your group and of Cognera. You have a grasp of the big picture and are able to identify the areas where your time, skills, and expertise are best spent.
Substantial Department Goal
To engineer a productive, cost-effective, creative, and integrated group that is focused on the delivery of high-quality customer service, ensuring the long-term sustainability of Cognera’s value proposition to its clients.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplish department objectives by leading the Professional Services teams:
- Act as the catalyst for profitable Professional Services growth
- Drive the team to think creatively and evolve the Professional Services practices
- Manage team efforts to ensure alignment with organizational goals in accordance with agreed budgets and timelines
- Measure and report on performance, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trends; recommend improvements
- Work cross-functionally to plan, monitor and measure performance in accordance with agreed budgets and timelines
- Work collaboratively to identify key customer business needs and translate these needs into plans and solutions
- Develop, foster, and leverage key customer and industry contacts
- Develop strong industry focus and knowledge
- Be a key member of the senior management team and help guide the future success of the business
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with progressively increasing levels of leadership responsibility
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous utility or billing experience preferred (experience working in a deregulated power and gas environment an asset)
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong commitment to teamwork and the ability to manage and motivate employees
- Proven experience in managing and directing multiple projects in a complex environment
- Ability to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details
- Aptitude to grasp concepts quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve success working cross-functionally
- Thrive on dealing with change and growth of a business
- Excellent time management skills
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, “can do” attitude
- Desire to work in, and help promote, a fun and exciting work environment
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. Harris offers excellent fringe benefits including a generous vacation policy and health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Applications are accepted at this link:
920, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
Please feel free to browse our website for further information at
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”